In an effort to establish a south side hub for the Dunwoody Kiwanis Club’s Soap Box Derby, Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln, in Morrow Georgia, has partnered with the Dunwoody Kiwanis Club to create Soap Box on the South Side.
On Saturday October 22 and Sunday October 23, Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln will host The Soap Box on the South Side Rally Race for local children to earn points to qualify for an Akron race. The race will be held at the Morrow dealership and entry fee will be $25 per person with all proceeds going to CURE Childhood Cancer, an Atlanta based non-profit which raises money for childhood cancer research. In addition to the Stock, Super Stock, and Master’s division races, the event will also include activities for Super Kids, involving some special children from CURE Childhood Cancer. Participants will be invited to wear costumes in honor of Halloween weekend. Food and drink, as well as other fun activities for the kids will be available throughout the weekend, including a cook out to follow the Saturday race activities.
Whether you’re an experienced soap box racer or are brand new to the sport, all kids (ages 8-17) are welcome to participate. Here are a few simple steps if you would like to get involved:
1. Register for the race Registration costs $25 per person and all proceeds will be donated to CURE Childhood Cancer, an Atlanta based non-profit which raises money for childhood cancer research. Contact Michael Rabern at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678.708.5792 678.708.5792 to register.
2. Order your derby car kit Click here to order your regulation Super Stock car kit. The kit takes approximately two weeks to arrive, so plan ahead.
3. Attend a Soap Box Derby Clinic at Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln in Morrow
Allan Vigil Ford Lincoln of Morrow is offering two different sessions in October to learn about the Soap Box on the South Side Rally Race and receive assistance in assembling your derby car. Especially planned for beginners, these sessions will feature an expert on all-things soap box derby who will make sure that you are assembling your car to regulation-standards. Clinics are optional and non-progressive, so you may attend as few or as many sessions as you would like. All sessions take place at the Morrow location from 11 am – 12 pm.
October 8, 2011 October 15, 2011
4. Learn about the AASBD World Championship Race
For the more experienced participants, the Soap Box on the South Side can earn you qualifying points for the AASBD World Championship Race in Akron, Ohio. Click here to learn more about the World Championship Race.
5. Tell your friends Help spread the word about the Soap Box on the South Side Rally Race by downloading this form and sharing it with your friends who may be interested in participating.
On the weekend of the Soap Box on the South Side Rally Race, participants, family, and friends will be invited to enjoy additional activities. Wear your Halloween costume, play games, tour a fire truck, and enjoy a Saturday cookout.
For any additional questions, or if your business is interested in sponsoring a child, please contact Michael Raburn at email@example.com or 678.708.5792 678.708.5792 .