If you’re looking to carry your crew or your cargo in style, the seven-seat Infiniti QX60 is a good choice.
This crossover SUV made its debut in 2013, when it was called the JX35.
But as Infiniti made the questionable move to identify each of its vehicles with the letter Q, this one gets the new moniker.
What remains is a choice of front or all-wheel drive, a number of technology features and distinctive styling.
The QX60 is powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 engine that makes 265 horsepower and 248 pounds-feet of torque. That is mated to a continuously variable transmission, with front-wheel drive standard, all-wheel optional.
Front-wheel models get 20 mpg city, 26 highway and all wheels get 19 and 25.
The safety technology of the QX60 is outstanding. There is a backup collision intervention system that senses objects that are sitting low behind the vehicle or other vehicles that may be crossing the rear path and warns the driver or applies the brakes when needed.
There’s also an around view monitor that gives an overhead view of the vehicle to reveal any objects that may be to the sides or in the blind spots of the driver.
And as you might expect there is blind spot warning, lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control, which slows the vehicle when it closely approaches a vehicle ahead of it.
· For exterior styling, the contoured rear window is a nice touch, giving it an imaginative design feature that goes a step beyond the usual SUV look.
· A power liftgate and moonroof are standard.
· The interior is comfortable and nicely appointed. Front and second row passengers get a decent amount of head- and leg room, while the third row is a bit more snug, but not bad for children.
· The rear cargo area has 15.8 feet of space, which isn’t huge, but is certainly serviceable.
· Three zone climate control, heated front seats and leather seating are standard features.
· Available options include cooled front seats, heated steering wheel and second-row seats, a navigation system and two-screen rear entertainment system.
· The QX60 starts at around $43,000 and ranges to about $45,000.
· For great safety technology, distinctive styling and nice amenities, the QX60 is worth a look.